Intensive Beginner Chinese I （本科生）
Pre-modern Chinese Culture （本科生）
Elementary Mandarin for Speakers of Other Chinese Languages （本科生）
Intensive Beginner Chinese II（本科生）
China Field School: Discover Xi’an, Discover China （本科生）
Studies of Modern Chinese（本科生）
Media in Chinese（本科生）
Advanced Communication Skills in Chinese（本科生）
Acquisition of Chinese as an Additional Language: Theory and Practice（本科生）
Directed Readings in Chinese Linguistics（本科生）
Comparative Studies of Chinese and English（本科生）
Second Language Acquisition （本科生）
Issues in Applied Linguistics （本科生）
1. 文化对比在初级汉语教学中的应用（第二作者）。 李晓琪主编《汉语作为第二语言教学的文化教学研究/对外汉语教学研究专题书系》，北京：商务印书馆，2019年12月出版。
2. Constructivism (Second Author). In Zeraatpishe, M. & Faravani, A. (Eds.). Issues in Applying SLA Theories toward Creative Teaching. 2018: 23-36. Boston, MA: Brill | Sense Publishers.
3. Coproduction of language forms and its effects on L2 learning (Second Author). In Benati, A. Laval, C. & Arche, M. J. (Eds.). The Grammar Dimension in Instructed Second Language Learning. 2014. London & New York: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
4. Does the future come from behind? Teaching and learning of the expressed metaphors of time in Chinese language (First Author). Selected Papers of the 2nd International Conference on Chinese as a Second Language Research. 2014. Taiwan: National Taiwan Normal University.
5. Verbal Interaction in L2 Writers’ Peer Editing Activities: A meta- synthesis of selected literature (First Author). In Baleghizadeh, S. (Ed.). Handbook of Current Research in Teaching Second Language Skills. 2013. Tehran: Shahid Beheshti University Press.
6. The role of language co-production in learning English vocabulary (Second Author). Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 143, 794-798. 2013. Open Access.
7. Interaction of beginner Chinese-as-a-foreign-language learners’ writing practice. Canadian Teaching Chinese-as-a-Second-Language Journal, (2010) 2, 123-128.
8. Collaborative and individual output tasks and their effects on learning English phrasal verbs (Second Author). Language Teaching Research, (2010)14, 397-419.
9. Diminutive suffixation of Beijing Chinese: An optimality theory analysis”. In Janet Z. Xing (Ed.) Proceedings of the 18th North America Conference of Chinese Linguistics. 2007. Washington: Northwest Washington State University.
10. The BA construction and event structure. In Claire Gurski and Milica Radisic (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2006 Canadian Linguistics Association Annual Conference. 2007.http://ling.uwo.ca/publications/CLA-ACL/CLA-ACL2006.htm
1.主持维多利亚大学2017年度教育教学改革研究项目“Discover Xi’an, Discover China – Summer Field School in China ”（已结题）。
2.主持维多利亚大学2017年度教育教学改革研究项目“Acquisition of Chinese-as-an-additional Language: Theory and Practice”（已结题）。
3. 支持维多利亚大学2009年度教育教学学术研究项目“Knowing our students: Needs, objectives, and backgrounds of Chinese language learners”（已结题）
3. Workshop of Chinese Heritage Language Teaching in Canadian Universities (University of Calgary, 2018). Heritage Speakers’ Chinese Learning at a Smaller-Sized University: Challenges and Approaches.
4. Let’s Talk About Teaching (University of Victoria, 2018). Active and Experiential Learning in a China Field Study.
5. The 13th Canadian Teaching-Chinese-as-a-Second-Language Symposium (Vancouver, 2017). Enhancing Chinese Learning through Mandarin Conversation Café.
6. American Association for Applied Linguistics 2016 Conference, (Orlando, Florida). Collaborative Writing Approaches in Practice: Effects of Peer Review and Co-writing on Chinese L2 Performance.
7. The 12th Canadian Teaching-Chinese-as-a-Second-Language Symposium (Vancouver, 2016). Task-based Learning in Chinese L2 Classes.
8. American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages 2015 Convention and World Languages Expo (San Diego). What can students do together? Writing Stories in Chinese with a Partner.
9. The 11th Canadian Teaching-Chinese-as-a-Second-Language Symposium (Vancouver, 2015). Integrated insights on “Integrated Chinese”.
10. The 5th World Conference on Educational Sciences (Rome, Italy, 2013). The Role of Language Co-production in Learning English Vocabulary.
11. Canadian Association for Applied Linguistics Annual Conference. (Victoria, 2013). Learner-learner Interactions in Two Collaborative Writing Activities.
12. The 44th Annual Conference of BC Teachers of English as an Additional Language (Vancouver, 2013). Learning English phrasal verbs through collaborative output tasks.
13. Chinese Language Education Forum (San Francisco, 2013). Fostering Chinese Learning through Collaborative Writing Activities.
14. The 31st Annual Second Language Research Forum (Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburg, 2012). Nature of Student Interactions in Peer Review and Co-writing.
15. The 2nd International Conference on Chinese as a Second Language Research (National Taiwan Normal University, 2012). Does the Future Come from Behind? Teaching and Learning of the Expressed Metaphors of time in Chinese Language.
16. Annual Conference of American Association for Applied Linguistics. (Atlanta, 2010). Is one writing approach better than the others? Learners’ preferences.
17. The 3rd International Symposium for Young Scholars on Chinese Language Teaching and Learning (Peking University, 2010). Cross-cultural Communications in the Master Program of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
通讯地址：Department of Pacific and Asian Studies, University of Victoria, P.O. Box 1700 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, Canada
Dr. Jun Tian is Associate Teaching Professor at the Department of Pacific and Asian Studies of the University of Victoria in Canada. She is the Chinese language coordinator of the department and supervises graduate students. In addition to teaching Chinese language courses at all levels, she teaches Chinese Linguistics and Applied Linguistics courses at the senior level. She is Vice President of Canada Teaching Chinese-as-a-Second Language Association. Since 2017, Dr. Tian, as the conference chair, has organized the annual Canadian Conference of Teaching Chinese-as-a-Second Language, which welcomes presenters from all over the world and attendees of Chinese educators at the university and K-12 levels.
Her research interests are in the areas of applied linguistics, second language acquisition, classroom-based research, second language writing, cross-cultural communication, teaching Chinese-as-a-second language, teaching English-as-a-second language, and Chinese linguistics.
She has presented dozens of papers at international conferences such as ICCLTR, AAAL, CALA, ALRF, ACTFL, TESOL, CTCSLA, and NACCL. She has also published several articles in leading journals and book chapters published by well-known publishers.